2016 Information and Procedures:
Dates: November 3, 4, & 5, 2016
ALL auditions are to be submitted electronically (on our website) and MUST BE RECEIVED BY Tuesday, September 13, 2016 by 5pm. (NO auditions will be accepted by mail.) Judging will take place on Saturday, September 17th. Results will be posted to the website on September 20th. Please read directions on audition forms carefully. Postmark for teacher/director pre-registration (required for ALL teachers/directors with students selected for an honor choir) is Sept 25. Postmark for registration materials for selected students (sent by teacher/director) is Oct 2 (received by Oct 9). All-State students register between 5:00 and 6:00 PM on Thursday, November 3, 2016 (see registration times on acceptance sheets), and participate in an evening of note check rehearsals. Reading sessions, interest sessions, concert performances and rehearsals with the All-State conductors begin on Friday morning, November 4, 2016. The conference will conclude with performances on Saturday, November 5, 2016, by the Children’s All-State Choir at 2:15 p.m., Youth Treble All-State Choir at 3:15 p.m., Youth Mixed All-State Choir at 3:45p p.m., Men’s All-State Choir at 4:30 p.m., and Women’s All State Choirs at 5:00 p.m. at the First Baptist Church of New Orleans. *Intercollegiate Honor Choir concert will be held at 7:00 p.m. on Friday, November 5th at St. Louis Cathedral in the French Quarter.
First Baptist Church
5290 Canal Blvd. | New Orleans, LA 70124
Ms. Thi Ha at AMC Music handles all the ordering of music for All State Choir and the Fall Vocal Conference. 800-833-8432
- Deadline for all auditions (submitted electronically ONLY) – by 5pm Tuesday, September 13th
- Audition judging – Saturday, September 17th
- Results posted on website (www.laacda.org) – Sept 20th
- Deadline for teacher/director pre-registration (required for ALL teachers/directors with students selected for an honor choir) – Sept 25th (ONLINE ONLY THIS YEAR)
- Postmark for registration materials for selected students (sent by teacher/director) – Oct 2nd (received by Oct 9th)
- Audition fee = $10
- Registration fee upon acceptance into a choir = $75 (non-refundable; covers music, guest clinician and accompanist, insurance, practice tracks and name badge)
- Transportation to/from New Orleans
- Hotel and meals
- T-shirt and cd/dvd recordings of concert (optional)
- Because our clinicians have an extremely limited time to bring many students from all over the state into one cohesive ensemble, ALL REHEARSALS ARE MANDATORY. Leaving early or arriving late to any rehearsal will be cause for immediate dismissal from All State. Teachers: PLEASE emphasize the importance of this to your students. ANY SINGER with less than 100% attendance will dismissed without refund.
Before the Audition:
- New this year – Only online submissions will be accepted. No auditions are to be mailed
- Be sure to use decent recording equipment.
During the Audition:
- Each recording should contain three items: a spoken introduction and two singing requirements. See below for the requirements specific to each honor choir. All audition pieces can be purchased through AMC Music Company in Houston (1-800-833-8432).
- Do not sing with your student during the audition.
- Singers must sing with piano accompaniment and nothing else. LA-ACDA strongly recommends the accompaniment track that can be purchased from Jude Wilson.
- Do not add the melody to the accompaniment.
- All recordings must be unedited – do not dub portions of the song onto one recording.
After the Audition:
- Listen to each recording to make sure it is audible and complete before submitting it.
- NEW THIS YEAR: If you have to use a school check, please have ONE CHECK issued from your school/organization, payable to LA-ACDA, with $10 for each student audition. School checks are now accepted on our website!!