2013 Information and Procedures:
Dates: October 24, 25 & 26, 2013
Postmarked date for all audition forms is September 6th and MUST BE RECEIVED BY SEPTEMBER 13th. Judging will take place on September 14th. Results will be posted to the website on September 16th. Please read directions on audition forms carefully. Make sure forms and CDs are mailed to the appropriate honor choir coordinator.
Postmark for teacher/director pre-registration (required for ALL teachers/directors with students selected for an honor choir) is Sept 23 (received by Sept 27).
Postmark for registration materials for selected students (sent by teacher/director) is Oct 4 (received by Oct 11).
All State students register at 5:00 PM on Thursday, October 24, 2013, and participate in an evening of note check rehearsals. Reading sessions, interest sessions, concert performances and rehearsals with the All State conductors begin on Friday morning, October 25, 2013.
The conference will conclude with performances on Saturday, October 26, 2013, by the Children’s All State Choir at 1:00 p.m., the Youth All-State Choir at 2:15 p.m., Women’s All-State Choir at 3:00 p.m., and Men’s All State Choirs at 3:30 p.m. all at First Baptist Church.
*Intercollegiate Honor Choir and Conductor’s choir concerts will be held at 4:30 p.m. on Friday, October 25th at First Baptist Church.
Hilton Capitol Center
The Hilton will again house sessions, receptions, and other events relating to All State Activities and the Fall Vocal Conference
Belle of Baton Rouge Hotel is also available for a discounted rate. You have to call and specifically request Louisiana American Choral Directors Association. Phone: 800-676-4847
Ms. Thi Ha at AMC Music handles all the ordering of music for All State Choir and the Fall Vocal Conference. 800-833-8432
Note for Youth Choir auditions – please note that the men’s scale requirements have changed. Read carefully!
- Postmark for audition cd – Sept 6 (received by Sept 13)
- Audition judging – Sept 14
- Results posted on website (www.laacda.org) – Sept 16
- Postmark for teacher/director pre-registration (required for ALL teachers/directors with students selected for an honor choir) – Sept 23 (received by Sept 27)
- Postmark for registration materials for selected students (sent by teacher/director) – Oct 4 (received by Oct 11)
- Audition fee = $10
- Registration fee upon acceptance into a choir = $75 (non-refundable; covers music, guest clinician and accompanist, insurance, practice tracks and name badge)
- Transportation to/from Baton Rouge
- Hotel and meals
- T-shirt and cd/dvd recordings of concert (optional)
Before the Audition:
- New this year – only CDs and online submissions will be accepted. No tapes allowed. Any auditions submitted via cassette tape will be disqualified!
- Be sure to use decent recording equipment.
- Singers should have their own audition cd clearly labeled with their name, grade level and voice part (children’s auditions will not specify voice part).
During the Audition:
- Each recording should contain three items: a spoken introduction and two singing requirements. See below for the requirements specific to each honor choir. All audition pieces can be purchased through AMC Music Company in Houston (1-800-833-8432).
- Do not sing with your student during the audition.
- Singers must sing with piano accompaniment and nothing else. LA-ACDA strongly recommends the accompaniment track that can be purchased from Jude Wilson.
- Do not add the melody to the accompaniment.
- All recordings must be unedited – do not dub portions of the song onto one recording.
After the Audition:
- Listen to each recording to make sure it is audible and complete before submitting it. CDs must be playable on CD players, not computers!
- Photocopy the audition form and complete one form for each singer. New this year – be sure to get all of the required signatures on the bottom of the form – your principal/head of organization’s signature is now required!
- Using a rubber band, wrap completed form around that singer’s audition cd.
- Include ONE CHECK from your school/organization, payable to LA-ACDA, with $10 for each student.
- Include a photocopy of your current ACDA membership card. Expired cards will not be accepted.
- Do not send anything by certified mail or any form of delivery that requires a signature.