2016 Information and Procedures:
Dates: November 3, 4, & 5, 2016
ALL auditions are to be submitted electronically (on our website) and MUST BE RECEIVED BY Thursday, September 22nd, 2016 by 5 PM. (NO auditions will be accepted by mail.) Judging will take place on Saturday, September 24th. Results will be posted to the website on September 26th. Please read directions on audition forms carefully.
All-State students register between 5:00 and 6:00 PM on Thursday, November 3rd, 2016 (see registration times on acceptance sheets), and participate in an evening of note checks/rehearsals. Reading sessions, interest sessions, concert performances and rehearsals with the All-State conductors begin on Friday morning, November 4th, 2016.
The conference will conclude with performances on Saturday, November 5th, 2016, by the Children’s All-State Choir at 1:00 PM, Youth Treble All-State Choir at 2:15 PM, Youth Mixed All-State Choir at 2:45 PM, Men’s All-State Choir at 3:30 PM, and Women’s All-State Choir at 4:15 PM at the First Baptist Church of New Orleans.
The Intercollegiate Honor Choir concert will be held at 7:00 PM on Friday, November 4th at St. Louis Cathedral in the French Quarter.
Concert Locations:Children’s, Youth, Men’s, and Women’s All-State
First Baptist Church
5290 Canal Blvd
New Orleans, LA 70124
St. Louis Cathedral
615 Pere Antoine Alley
New Orleans, LA 70116
- September 22 by 5 pm – Deadline for online audition (All auditions are ONLINE!)
- September 24 – Audition judging
- September 26 – Results posted on laacda.org website
- October 7 – Deadline for teacher/director pre-registration (required for ALL teachers/directors with students selected for an honor choir – ONLINE ONLY)
- October 14 – Postmark for registration materials for selected students (sent by teacher/director – must be received by October 21)
- Audition fee = $10
- Registration fee upon acceptance into a choir = $75 (non-refundable; covers music, guest clinician and accompanist, insurance, practice tracks and name badge)
- Transportation to/from New Orleans
- Hotel and meals
- T-shirt and CD/DVD recordings of concert (optional)
- Because our clinicians have an extremely limited time to bring many students from all over the state into one cohesive ensemble, ALL REHEARSALS ARE MANDATORY. Leaving early or arriving late to any rehearsal will be cause for immediate dismissal from All State. Teachers: PLEASE emphasize the importance of this to your students. ANY SINGER with less than 100% attendance will dismissed without refund.
Before the Audition:
- Only online auditions will be accepted. No tapes/CDs allowed. Any auditions submitted via mail will be disqualified!
- Be sure to use decent recording equipment.
During the Audition:
- Each recording should contain three items: a spoken introduction and two singing requirements. See the INFO PDF for the requirements specific to each honor choir. All audition pieces can be purchased through AMC Music Company in Houston (1-800-833-8432).
- Do not sing with your student during the audition.
- Singers must sing with piano accompaniment and nothing else. LA-ACDA strongly recommends the accompaniment tracks available on our website.
- Do not add the melody to the accompaniment.
- All recordings must be unedited – do not dub portions of the song onto one recording.
- Singers may only audition on one voice part. Multiple submissions will result in disqualification.
After the Audition:
- Listen to each recording to make sure it is audible and complete before submitting it.
- If you have to use a school check, please have ONE CHECK (for each choir) issued from your school/organization, payable to LA-ACDA, with $10 for each student audition. School checks are now accepted on our website!